1) FIRST ON-SLAUGHT OF KASHMIRI PANDIT BY HINDU KING RAMADEVA :- The first on-slaught of Kashmir was done by their own Hindu king Rama-deva. According to Pandit Jailalkilam ,History of Kashmiri Pandits,pp.20 . Let me quote him word to word ‘’ During the reign of Ramadeva (1252-1273) Some Bhattas (Brahmans) who helped in his in-vesture as king ,having being insulted by him,conspired to install somebody from among Khasas on the throne of Kashmir .But their conspiracy did not long remain a secret and an orgy destruction and plunder was let loose upon them. Some of them were killed and others suppressed with atrocious mercilessness and to save themselves the cry was raised everywhere ‘NA BATOHAM’ ,’’I AM NOT A BHATA’’ .This is first onslaught recorded in history against Brahmins of Kashmir’’’.
2) Guru Hargobind Ji died a refugee in Kashmir in 1645(GMD SOFI pp.699).
3) First convert to Christianity was Samuel Bakal
4) The father of Modern Education in Kashmir was Rev. J.H.Knowles,he started C.M.S school in 1880.Tyndale Biscoe joined him 1891 .
5) BISCOE SCHOOL DRESS CODE :-In 1890, the dress code of Biscoe school was “ Pheran,Ear Ring And Wooden Clog (Mashiq)”(Biscoe,Kashmir in sun light and shade,pp263).
6) Uptill 1907,the official language was Persian.
7) Besides poverty, government policies ,reactionary clergy discouraged modern education among the muslim ( Reported by Zamindaar newspaper from Punjab ,Sep.1923)
Note : According to Septugenerian social activist from Rainawari Mohammad Sultan (Mama-Ji) ,one who enrolled in English schools were nicknamed ‘’KIRRI’’ .Mirwaiz Rasool Shah started Muslim modern education movement even though he was heavily criticised by Hamdani Clergy and attempts were made to murder him by unknown gangs.
8) RAJOURI KADAL (RAAZE-KADAL) : Rajya Devi was daughter of Sunder Sen of Rajouri the subordinate of King Zain-Ul-Abideen Budshah . Sunder Sen sent Rajya Devi to Kashmir to marry Budshah .Budshah declined to marry her and called her mother instead.Rajya Devi stayed in Kashmir and built a bridge which came to be known as ‘RAJOURI KADAL’ to this date. (Pervez Deewan,pp.60).
9)FIRST SKY-SCRAPPER OF THE WORLD (ZOON E DUBB) :- Shahmiri Kashmiri king Zain-Ul-Abideen Budshah built twelve storey palace that perhaps was first the world’s first Sky-scrapper according to Pervez Deewan.It was wooden palace he used glass window .Unfortunately Chakh tribe of Kashmir burnt it during the reign of Budshah itself
10) PULSE-EXPERTS OF KASHMIR ( NABAAZ -NABBIZZ DOCTOR) :- Hakim Abdul Qadir Ganai of Nawa Kadal, Jammalatta wrote the commentary of Tibb-E-Nabwi (Prophetic medicine). He was a great Nabaaz .
11) JAMMA-LATA ,NAWAKADAL :- Shahmiri Kashmiri king Ali Shah married a princess from Jammu .When she married the king of Kashmir ,a retinue of people came with her from Jammu to keep her company .They settled in an area that came to be known as Jamalatta pron. Jamwal Hatta or market place set-up by people from Jammu.
12) Kashmiri women were beautiful and were abducted by rapacious officer ( of foreign occupation) and sold in India that is what they wear dirty clothes .(Arthur Brickman in ‘’Wrongs in Kashmir,page 33).
13) Mullah Mohsin Fani was a distinguished poet and philosopher from Iran who studied under Sheikh Yaqub Sarfi (R.A).
14 )According to law of then Dogra rulers which they named as JK Arms Act ,’’only Hindus can apply for gun-licence’’ .
15) Foreign ruler of Kashmir Maharaja Pratab Singh died in 1925 ,having no heir of his own he was succeeded by his nephew Hari Singh .
16) In 1941,the total enrolled muslim population in Srinagar was 17497(Census 1941,pp21)
17) NEHRU NOT ALLOWED TO KASHMIR WITHOUT VISA :- On June 20,1946 ,Pandit Nehru decided to visit Kashmir but he was detained by then Prime minster of J&K Pandit Ram Chandra Kak and kept him in Uri Dakbanglow .
18) Cease-fire line of control was established in 1949 by army chief of India and Pakistan who were British Mr.Gracy and Mr.Buhler.
19) Afzal Beigh left National conference in 1978 and created Inquilabi National conference.
20) According to Kashmir born Ahmadi historian Aziz Kashmiri ,Harwan is named after Prophet Haroon who came with Prophet Moses and stayed in a village named after him ‘‘Haroon ‘’.
21) KHANYAR MASSACRE : On May 8, 1991, about five in the evening the CRPF personnel opened fire on a peaceful procession at Khanyar carrying bodies of civilians killed in Dachigam and Saida Kadal earlier, killing 29 civilians including five women and an infant, besides injuring 52 people. FIR was lodged against CRPF battalion ( FIR – 42/19910 ) but case closed as ‘non-admitted’.In a report submitted before the State Human Rights Commission, police said the identification of the accused persons by the eye-witnesses could not be carried out by the investigating officers due to non-cooperation of the said CRPF battalion . The State Human Rights Commission said names of the accused persons with ranks has been mentioned in the report lodged by the said CRPF battalion for lodging FIR in the same instance and the said FIR – 42/1991.
Resource person can be reached at [email protected]