Srinagar, Jan 25 : Amid the ongoing standoff in Ladakh, Indian and Chinese troops were involved in a “minor face-off” last week in Naku La in North Sikkim, the Indian army said, underlining the fraught situation at the border.
According to media reports Chinese soldiers tried to cross the border last week but were challenged by Indian soldiers in Naku La in North Sikkim, which resulted in a violent clash
“It is clarified that there was a minor face-off at Naku La area of North Sikkim on 20 January 2021 and the same was resolved by local commanders as per established protocols,” the Indian army said in a statement on Monday
On Sunday, the ninth round of Corps Commander Level talks between India and China ended at 2:30 am today. The meeting lasted for more than 15 hours after starting at 11 am on Sunday at Moldo opposite Chushul in the Eastern Ladakh sector to address the ongoing military standoff.
The two countries have been engaged in a stand-off along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) since April-May last year. While China began amassing massive military strength along the LAC, India responded with a befitting build-up