If you have been getting your Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder home delivered, you must know the new set of rules that will changed in from November according to reports, oil companies are going to put in a new rules in order to prevent theft and identify the right customer.
Oil companies will implement Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) for the customers opting for home delivery of LPG Cylinders. From November 1, customers will be required to furnish a one-time password (OTP) to get their LPG Cylinders home delivered.
Delivery Authentication Code (DAC), as a pilot project is already underway in Jaipur in Rajasthan. It will implemented in 100 smart cities first.
Here is a major updates regarding the new OTP based delivery of LPG cylinders:
- Oil companies are implementing a new system which will be known as Delivery Authentication Code (DAC). The system will help in preventing the theft and also identifying the right customer.
- Initially the Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) will be implemented in 100 smart cities. The pilot project has started in the city of Jaipur in Rajasthan.
- To stop the theft of LPG cylinders, the delivery shall not be completed untill a code is shown to the delivery person on the consumer’s registered mobile number. The code will be sent in the mobile number of the consumer.
- Consumers of the LPG cylinders should get their mobile number updated if they had changed the mobile number registered with the gas agency failing so will result in stopping of delivery of LPG cylinders.
- The consumers should also update the address of their residence if the address mentioned with the gas agency is different from the one in which they are residing.
- However, the Delivery Authentication Code(DAC) will not be applicable for commercial LPG cylinders.
Customers who want home delivery of their LPG cylinders will get a code on their registered mobile number. Successful delivery of LPG Cylinders will only take place when the customers provide the OTP Code to the delivery person.
Those not having a registered mobile number, will get it done by the delivery person in real-time with an app, thus enabling the customers to generate the code.
It is advisable that customers update their details like name, address and mobile number. The absence of these details or incorrect details may raise difficulties in getting gas cylinder.
This system, however, will not be applicable to commercial LPG cylinders. ( KN )